My Story

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Story


My troubles began in 2008.  I was a single disabled mom with only my youngest (of five) children living at home.  I had an adjustable rate mortgage, which was "good" for five years, then would take a significant jump in payment.  I had dealt with large banks previously, but a friend had good luck with an online loan.  That was a huge mistake!  I never saw my broker face to face.  Everything was handled over the phone…starting with my loan application.  My loan was to be fixed for ten years and have taxes and insurance impounded.  A mobile notary came out and rushed me through the paperwork.  For instance, she flipped past the application pages saying, "This is just the information you gave and has been typed up".  The owner/broker of the business, Ben Majoubi said it would be a Wachovia loan so I thought everything was as it was stated. You can't imagine the shock, and how ill I felt, when I realized I had been cheated! My taxes and insurance weren't impounded which added another $230 to my payment, and my payment adjusted yearly (not fixed for 10). But the biggest shocker was that they falsified my income of $32,240 to working at a company I had never heard of (for 3 years) making $106,000.

Immediately I sent a registered & certified letter to the president of Wachovia begging for help.  With the increase in my mortgage payment, I wrote that I would go through my savings in 8 months.  No one responded.  Soon after, Wells Fargo bought Wachovia, and my loan was lost in the shuffle.  At one point I applied for a loan modification, but 6 months later they couldn't even find the paperwork.

During this time I hired a lawyer, Walter Hackett, and he was trying to work with Wells Fargo to get some kind of loan modification going, but it all lead to dead ends.

Then in July 2011, I received a single page letter from Wells Fargo saying that I may be able to receive a loan modification from the government. So I sent in a single page worksheet that accompanied the letter that I got from Wells Fargo. I anxiously waited for a response and without a response the bank pulled a fast one and 20 days later the bank auctioned off my house. Wells Fargo sold my home to Vecchio for $1 more than the loan was owed. 

Fast forward to present day. I am currently in a hearing against Vecchio because they sold my home to another company when by law it should be sold in a public auction. I am fighting to keep my home and get a loan modification. I have been cheated, swindled, manipulated and lied to by Wells Fargo and Vecchio. 

It is awful not just for myself, but so many other people loosing their home because of these banks. My plea for the past two years to John Stumpf and Wells Fargo is just a loan modification so I can keep my independence as a disabled woman and watch my grandchildren and children grow in my home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment