My Story

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trial Update 11/15





Hi everyone, Lauren here. My mom was too exhausted last night to type the results about court and I know you would all like detailed updates; so here it goes! We met up at the courthouse at 8:15 for her trial at 8:30. We were scheduled to see a commissioner instead of a judge though especially because my mom filed paperwork and paid to have a jury and see a judge. Her lawyer recommended this because he said that they would have a better chance with a jury on their side.



 So court started about 8:40 and there were a lot of people there all filing property disputes (renters owing landlords money and such). We sat in there for an hour and a half listening to the rest of the peoples cases until My mom’s case, which of course was last to be called. They talked only for about 20 minutes disputing about the trial. The other lawyer said he did not receive any paperwork about it being a jury trial. He was, needless to say, he was not very nice. An awful representative oh how a lawyer should behave. We were dismissed shortly after that to see a judge at 11:00 in another courtroom. So we took some time to pray and go to the bathroom and back into another room. When we got in the judge was very nice. The room was a lot smaller and the only people in there were the ones in the case, which was the judge, lawyers, me, my mom, the owner of Vecchio and one 1 other man. They argued once more to the judge because the other lawyer did not want a trial hearing. He was so nasty, cocky and arrogant.

Upon the judge’s request, he said we had a right to a jury trial, and would grant the other lawyer a little more time. So they went on break until 2:00 to give both lawyers time to prepare and time to gather the jury. I had to go to work unfortunately leaving my mom there. We went to lunch and prayed and took some time to settle before we had to go back. Once court was back in session, the used the 3 hours (from 3-5pm) just to pick a jury. My mom said the lawyer turned into Mr. charming once the jury was around to try and win them over. Once 5:00 rolled around they wrapped up for the day and come back tomorrow.

My mom is currently there now. I just spoke to her over the phone and she said that they were making headway and that her lawyer has brought up really good points. Please keep praying and sending good luck our way!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for my mom in this situation. As much as I wish it was sometimes, this blog was not created to blast Vecchio and Wells Fargo but a place to check on updates, prayer requests and how you can help. This morning during chapel I was brought to tears during worship because I felt an overwhelming presence of God. I opened my bible Read Psalm 140: 4-8
 “O Lord, keep me out of the hands of the wicked. Protect me from those who are violent, for they are plotting against me.
 The proud have set a trap to catch me; they have stretched out a net; they have placed traps all along the way.
 I said to the Lord, “You are my God!” Listen, O Lord, to my cries for mercy!
 O Sovereign Lord, the strong one who rescued me, you protected me on the day of battle.
 Lord, do not let evil people have their way. Do not let their evil schemes succeed, or they will become proud.
                         

God has his hands over this trial. Our hope is in the LORD first that he will be with us in this battle. In the mean time, we are continuing to pray, give updates and blast Wells Fargo on twitter :) At this point we’re trying to do what we can go get my mom noticed so maybe a news channel will pick up her story. Please pass along this blog info to anyone so we can share my mom’s story and help others who are also struggling in keeping their home.

Love you all,                                                                                                                                                    

      Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear about this ugly mess. I am praying for Casey, all involved in the court system (even the unpleasant lawyer!), and yourself. As the verses you read show, God is with you guys. He will see you through!
    Thanks for the update; keep them coming! And I'll keep praying.

    Love,
    Leila

    ReplyDelete